This Code of Practice explains why and how cyber security should be considered throughout a building’s lifecycle and explains current best practice, focusing on building-related systems and all inter-connections to the wider cyber environment.
It provides clear practical guidance on the key aspects of cyber security relating to specific jobs and responsibilities in maintaining the security of a building.
- An introduction and overview of the area
- The five top-level security principles that should be applied to the application of digital technologies in the built environment
- Security over a built assets’ lifecycle
- Managing technical aspects
- Managing process and procedure aspects
- Managing people aspects
- Applying the code of practice.
The new edition supported and sponsored by the NCSC has involved considerable restructuring of the work which will be of value to a wide range of job functions connected to the design, management, operation and security of any building-related systems.