Video resources for LV and ELV d.c. power distribution
The need for LV and ELV d.c. power distribution is growing to support, for example:
- solar PV installations and energy storage
- energy efficient installations (particularly given that a new section on energy efficiency will be included in the 18th Edition of the Wiring Regulations)
- the rise in popularity of d.c. power distribution networks in buildings, such as for lighting installations
- technological breakthroughs that make it easier to transmit d.c. over long distances and
- to allow for the ever-growing consumption of more and more products and equipment that require d.c. to operate.
Blane Judd discusses the growing significance of low and extra-low voltage d.c. power distribution in buildings in the Summer 2015 issue of Wiring Matters.
The videos now available are:
- The case for DC: a vision of the future, filmed at the Low Voltage Direct Current 2015 event.
- Case Study: Sola Bristol (an LCNF Project). Revealing the Challenges of Integrating DC Energy Storage Systems in the Home, filmed at the KTN and IET Forum: Direct-Current Energy Systems – Landscape and Opportunities event.
- Keynote: Importance of HVDC for future energy supply, filmed at ACDC 2015.
- We are undertaking a lot of work in this area. Please keep an eye on the Built Environment web pages.
- ACDC 2017 will take place in Manchester – visit the events hub for more details.
- The Code of Practice for Low and Extra Low Voltage Direct Current Power Distribution in Buildings is available to purchase for £65.00 or £42.25 member price.