Wiring Matters - July Issue 2017
New video – risk assessment
We’ve published a new video which showcases risk assessment, as part of our Student’s Guide initiative.
Commenting on the video, Steven Devine, author of the Student’s Guide to the IET Wiring Regulations, and presenter of the suite of technical Student’s Guide videos, says:
“We begin assessing risk from the moment we are born. We soon learn how to avoid hurting ourselves and those around us by taking measures to remove, sometimes not so obvious, hazards. In this video we take a look at just one example of electrical work were a number of factors need to be considered and some simple measures applied to reduce the likeliness of injury and inconvenience to staff and members of the public for the duration of the work being carried out.”
Our full suite of videos aimed at all electricians – student or practicing – is available here.
In this issue
- A brief overview of emergency lighting in rail
- The impact of the 18th edition (BS 7671:2018) – Chapters 41, 46, 53 and Regulation 542.2.2
- The impact of the 18th edition (BS 7671:2018) – Sections 722, 753 and [new] 730
- The impact of the 18th Edition (BS 7671:2018) – New Part 8, Section 801 Energy Efficiency
- Code of Practice: Electrical Energy Storage Systems – the thought leaders behind the new publication
- New video – risk assessment
Don't miss new articles
Sign up for quarterly notifications of new articles from Wiring Matters