Wiring Matters - Summer Issue 2016
Electrical Safety Management: video and book giveaway
In the Autumn 2015 issue of Wiring Matters we published an article on electrical safety management (ESM). The need to understand ESM is motivated by the very significant penalties and consequences that might arise if you don’t understand ESM.
My colleagues in Standards have put together the video below about ESM. The video is a great tool for presenting to Human Resource departments or to owners of small businesses, who may not realise the risks of not following good practice.
For more information, the Code of Practice for Electrical Safety Management is available to purchase for £130.00 (member price £84.50).
|Have you worked with clients who have terrible electrical safety management? Have you witnessed any horror stories? We’d love to hear from you. We’re happy for you to keep all client-related information anonymous. Please submit your stories to firstname.lastname@example.org. One name will be randomly drawn from a hat and will receive a free copy of the Code of Practice for Electrical Safety Management.|
In this issue
- BS 7671: the 18th Edition report
- A guide to lighting design for electricians and installers
- Renewed confidence: solar PV and other renewable energies
- Electrical installations in caravan/camping parks, caravans and motor caravans
- Electrical installations at live outdoor venues
- Interview with Colin Reed
- Insulation inserts in metallic gas service pipes
- Electrical Safety Management: video and book giveaway
- Video resources for LV and ELV d.c. power distribution
Don't miss new articles
Sign up for quarterly notifications of new articles from Wiring Matters