Wiring Matters - Spring Issue 2016
Launch of Student's hub
We have launched an online Student's hub, where students will be able to find news, videos and other updates about their studies.
Four videos are available to view on the Student's hub. These are the first of many technical videos we are producing to help learners achieve successful completion of their electrotechnical studies – however, the videos may be of interest to experienced electricians and installers as well.
The essential toolkit
Author of Student’s Guide to the IET Wiring Regulations Steven Devine takes us through the essential tools in an electrician’s toolkit.
Geoff Cronshaw on special locations
Chief Engineer Geoff Cronshaw discusses Part 7 of BS 7671 special locations.
Interview with Peter Tanner, contributor to the Student’s Guide
Nicole Whitton catches up with Peter Tanner to talk about how the training landscape is shifting and how digital devices are changing the training environment.
Interview with Steven Devine, author of the Student’s Guide
Nicole Whitton chats to Electrical Engineer and author of the Student's Guide, Steven Devine, about his background and what drives his work in the education sector.
- Testing & inspection: continuity of CPC
- Testing & inspection: continuity of ring final conductors
- Testing & inspection: insulation resistance
In this issue
- The year as it was: a review of 2015
- How to become an electrician: a brief overview of training options
- Electrical installations in theatres and performance venues
- Electrical maintenance: the importance of good practice
- Fairgrounds: what you need to know
- Launch of Student's hub
Don't miss new articles
Sign up for quarterly notifications of new articles from Wiring Matters